Kovac Design Studio seeks a creative, and experienced Project Architect to lead significant projects in a collaborative atmosphere that encourages professional growth. The ideal candidate must have excellent design skills, a keen understanding of detailing, building codes, building systems, and be a confident communicator, both in written, verbal, and drawing form. We are looking for a motivated and enterprising self starter, able, and confident to work independently and in small teams.
- Lead the design, and production of significant projects
- Interact with support staff, engineers, consultants, vendors, contractors, and clients
- Research new materials, develop details, and improve upon the firm's best practices
- Prepare and keep project schedules, set internal deadlines and deliverables
Qualifications & Skills:
- Professional degree in Architecture or Environmental Design
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant architectural experience
- Significant experience from schematic design through contract administration phases
- Strong knowledge of building and zoning codes
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD, Revit knowledge a plus.
- Ability to communicate visually through sketches, and with 3D software such as SketchUp
- Excellent writing, and communication skills, articulate
- Detail oriented and precise
- Strong time management, and organizational skills
- 3D visualization skills such as VRay, Rhino, Lumion, etc, a plus
Please send a cover letter, resume, and work samples to hr “at” kovacdesignstudio.com. No phone calls please.
Kovac Design Studio offers competitive benefits including health and long-term disability insurance, matching 401k, vacation, sick days, and holidays. We are an equal opportunity employer.